Beijing Zhongde School
Beijing Zhongde School is located in Chaoyang District, east of CBD, covering 40,000 square meters. The school is managed with the concept of “Personal character, comprehensive development”.
This modern educational facility includes well equipped classrooms, gymnasium, library, medical clinic, students apartments, cafeteria, synthetic rubber track field, etc.
There is an elementary school, a middle school and an international department in our school and the professional bilingual education has been highly praised by the surrounding community.
The school has nearly 1,200 students, including foreign students from 10 different countries.
Our school’s features include character education and bilingual education.
With regard to character education, our school’s name “Zhongde” means kindness, loyalty and virtue. We use these characters to build up our school’s quality and to educate our students. We carry out this character education through character-building classes, Chinese Young Pioneer meetings, Chinese and Bilingual class meetings, as well as speeches under the Chinese National Flag.
Our international department’s bilingual education is based on the national, basic, educational course setting. All of the foreign teachers are certified, native English speakers who give lessons completely in English, including standard English, Mathematics, and Science classes, etc.
In addition, we provide special Chinese courses, such as engraving art, calligraphy, ceramics, Chinese painting, crafting, roller skating and so on..
Full-time Teacher Job Description
- The teacher reports to the Director of Studies (DOS).
- English native speaker£»
- Bachelor Degree or above£»
- Able to teach two or more of the following subjects in English: English /Math/ Science£»
- Loves children and have basic knowledge in child development and early education theories and practices, or is willing to be trained£»
- Caring students with serious attitude toward teaching;
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills£»
- Good communication skills£»
- Possess TEFL, TESOL, CELTA certificates or domestic teacher certificates is a plus£»
- Possess basic knowledge on Chinese cultural£»being able to speak and understand Mandarin is a plus.
Commencing from September 2011 to June 2012
The teacher works for 40 hours per week. Teachers may also be asked to participate in off-site excursions (field trips).
- Carry out the timetable of classes assigned by the DOS
- Prepare lessons and equipment in advance for all classes
- Begin and end classes on time
- Use audio / video materials in classes
- Administer, correct and record the results of homework, progress reports, tests and assessments for students
- Become familiar with the programmes and courses of study
- Give lessons to the highest standards of English£¬Math£¬Science or related subject teaching
- Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
- Become familiar with and implement proper Class Management Procedures
- Inform students of the aims and objectives of lessons
- Maintain student and class records
- Be responsible for students’ welfare and progress
- Cooperate with the DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the International Department
- Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, club activities, tutorials, seminars and presentations
- Take on administrative work and/or projects including, but not limited to, cataloguing supplementary materials, giving workshops and organizing extra-curricular events, as directed by the DOS
- Attend school events
- Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
- Be familiar with the administrative procedures employed by the school
- Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps at short notice
- Keep the teachers’ room, equipment and resources well-organized and in good condition
- Carry out all the items of the Employment Agreement.
- Regularly evaluate own performance and progress
- Attend and participate in school meetings organized by the DOS
- Observe and be observed by the DOS and teaching colleagues
- Be pro-active in improving teaching skills through sharing knowledge with colleagues, and using teaching resources found in the school, Internet and any other available sources
- Copy of passport photopage
- Copy of Degree Diplomas
Ms. Peng, Vice Director of the International Department,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org TEL: 8610-57410182, 86-15313150182