NEW ENGLISH STUDENT TEACHER PROGRAM
Li Ren Kindergarten, Ningbo, China was established in Aug. 2005. Although this is still a new school we anticipate teaching more than 140 students and maintaining a staff of 40 employees by Sep. 2008.
The school curriculum is theme based with a new theme each month. In our classrooms there are several corners for children to create things, play, and read. Our main goal is to help children think creatively and learn happily.
You can see our lobby as you enter the school. Beyond the lobby our two-floored school contains 12 classrooms, a computer room for ages 5 to 6, a room for dancing class, two rooms for indoor activities, and a multi-function room for performances, lectures, and indoor activities. As you make your way around these classrooms you might notice that we also have a 5 star kitchen for making lunch and snacks for our children and staff. Walking behind the school reveals an outdoor playground fully equipped with swings, slides, and fun playing apparatus. Liren Kindergarten doesn¡¯t waste space. On the west side of the school rests a beautiful vegetable garden for children to spend time growing plants. Simply put, we provide a variety of areas for children to develop their abilities.
But what about me? Will I be taken care of so far away from home? Don¡¯t worry the CEO of Li Ren kindergarten, Donna Chang, graduated from the University of Warwick, UK. Originally from Taiwan, her time abroad let her experience firsthand what it feels like to live abroad. She will ensure each student teacher has a meaningful, safe, enjoyable experience. The school has already successfully housed 10 student teachers from western countries.
This is a wonderful opportunity to come and experience China firsthand, learn more about Chinese Culture, and make an lasting impact on the lives of many Chis!! We welcome Student Teachers from Western countries, and hope that we will have a meaningful cultural exchange through this program!!
The program details are as follows:
[Term 1]Sep. 3rd 2008 ¨C Jan. 7th 2009 (3 Student Teachers)
[Term 2]Feb. 2009 ¨C June 2009 (Another 3-4 Student Teachers)
- Like to teach children who are 2- 6 years old (essential)
- 18 years or older (essential)
- Easy going, responsible; Artistic abilities preferred
- Studying at Educational Department in University or College
- Working hour: Monday to Friday 8:30-11:30a.m.1:30- 4:30 p.m.
(The English group will have a meeting once a week around 1:00 p.m.)
Thursday English Night Class 6:00-7:40 p.m.
(You need to clock-in and clock-out.Please be on time. )
- We sometimes do some activities on the weekend one or twice a month, such as a family lecture in Oct., a performance in Dec., etc. Student teachers need to join these activities.
- English teachers meet with their English Assistants everyday to make lesson plans and to discuss how to improve communication with the students.
- Write student evaluations every other week.
- Total: US$1700 / per term (For Student teacher¡¯s Airfare or Scholarship)
- Health examination (Free)
- Complimentary use of the Community Club (Gym)
- Three free meals (Chinese style) or some money for food expense (200RMB/week)
- Single room is fully-furnished and equipped with linen, towels, blankets, a coach, air-conditioning (warm and cool air), television, satelite (HBO, Stars, Discovery, etc.), internet, refrigerator, toaster-oven and washing machine. Each room also has a private bathroom.
- Shared Kitchen
- Local mobile phone (limited use)
- Local trips (750RMB / per term)
- Internet and satellite
- Opportunity to learn Mandarin (Language Exchange program)
- Student teachers can have extra personal work after school, but he/she need to get permission from Li Ren Kindergarten. (Please take care of your job in Li- Ren Kindergarten first.)
Please submit resume (recommendations of University or college is preferred) as well as a photo to:
Chief Executive Officer
Li Ren Kindergarten
No.2 Ai Xue Road, Beilun District,
Ningbo, Zhejiang, China 315800
Phone: +8610-51663658 Fax: +8610-51663658