Ⅰ. Party A wishes to engage Party B as a foreign teacher. The two parties, in the spirit of friendly cooperation and full consultation, agree to sign this contract and pledge to conscientiously fulfill all the obligations stipulated as follows.
Ⅱ. The period of employment will be from __to ___
Ⅲ. The duties of Party B are as following:
1. Five work days per week, 18 hours of teaching per week (including two hours for teachers) plus two or three hours to attend the English Corner (the students’ oral English practice).
2. The courses ENGLISH taught by Party B are ORAL ENGLISH, WRITING, and EXTENSIVE OR SPECIALIZED COURSES IN MECHANICS OR ELECTRONICS.
3. Party B is expected to teach and arrange tests or exams according to the teaching plans, syllabus and schedule of the college.
4. Party B is expected to present a teaching plan at the beginning of each term and a summary of the work at the end of it to the English Department and a summary of the year’s work and experience to the Foreign Affairs Office and the English Department.
Ⅳ. Party A’s Obligations:
1. Party A shall introduce to Party B the laws, decrees and relevant regulations concerning the administration of foreign teachers.
2. Party A shall conduct the direction, supervision and evaluation of Party B’s work.
3. Party A shall pay Party B’s salary regularly by month.
Ⅴ. Party A’s duties:
1. Party A shall pay for Party B’s round-trip entry air ticket .
2. Party A shall pay for Party B’s traveling expenses from Beijing to Party A’s place, including Party B’s baggage charge up to a maximum of 24kg.
3. At the end of service, Party A shall pay for Party B’s traveling expenses from Party A’s place to Beijing or, if both parties agree, the nearest port of exit.
4. Party A shall pay for Party B’s monthly salary of 3500RMB (10 months each year).
5. Party A shall pay for Party B annual travel allowance of 2200RMB totally by two separate times, ( half year a time).
6. Party A shall provide Party B with a flat (with kitchen, oven, bathroom, heating, furniture, washing machine, bedding, telephone, television set, refrigerator, tape recorder, air-conditioner, bicycle, electronic computer, the installation of network and so on). The expenses resulted from above uses of this item will be deducted from Party B’s salary. And the charges for water, electricity , cable television service and the network service(60RMB) are excluded。
7. Party A shall provide Party B with all the official documents necessary for Party B to live and work in China, including residence card or temporary residence card, work card and Foreign Expert card.
8. Party A shall provide Party B medical care in school clinic and several informed hospitals, and 70% of the expenses will be paid off by party A. Expenses in other hospitals shall be paid by Party A and Part B 50% respectively. If Party B decides to go to the hospitals outside the school (including the informed and the non-informed hospitals), Party B should get the permission of Part A first for trans-hospital formality.
9. Party A shall provide Party B with free cars necessary for work within 200 km, and help arrange cars for private affairs. In the latter case, the expenses shall be paid by Party B.
10. Before Party B leaves singly, Party A shall explain clearly to Party B how to deal with the possible emergencies in the course of tour.
Ⅵ. Party B’s obligations:
1. Party B shall observe the laws, decrees, and relevant regulations made by the Chinese government, respecting the habits and customs of Chinese nationalities and not interfering China’s internal affairs.
2. Party B shall observe Party A’s work system and regulations concerning the administration of foreign teachers and shall accept Party A’s arrangement, direction, supervision and evaluation in regard to his/her work. Without Party A’s consent, Party B shall not render service elsewhere or hold concurrently any post unrelated to the work of Party A.
3. Party B shall complete the task agreed on the schedule and guarantee the quality of his/her work. Party B should not change the teaching schedule. If necessary, it should be approved by the dean of the English Department.
4. If Party B asks for a leave and obtains Party A’s consent, a deduction in salary (each being of the monthly salary) shall be made according to the number of days in the month when Party B is absent. During each academic year’s period of contract, Party B shall not ask for a leave for more than 10 days and he/she shall not ask for 3 days at one time. If Party B is absent from his/her post without any Party A’s consent, a deduction of 3 days’ salary will be made for each day when Party B is absent. Party B will also be given an official warning.
5. Party B is expected to attend all academic staff meetings of the department in which he/she works. Party B is expected to take part in the extracurricular activities. Likewise, in order to promote mutual understanding and friendship, Party B is encouraged to foster contact with the teachers and students.
6. Party B shall mail his/her parcels himself/herself. If Party B cannot, Party A may help get it done, and all the cost will be paid by Party B. When Party B wants to get to other places, Party A can help purchase tickets and Party B shall bear all the cost.
7. When Party B needs an interpreter for tours during festivals or vacations, please contact Party A. Generally, Party B is expected to pay for the transportation board and lodging expenses of the interpreters.
8. Party B shall respect China’s religious policy, and shall not conduct religious activities incompatible with the status of a foreign teacher.
9. Party B shall cover his/her insurance (including his/her own assets, Medicare, personal safety, etc.) by himself/herself, and Party A shall help Party B with the procedure.
Ⅶ. Revision, Cancellation, and Termination of the Contract.
1. Both parties should abide the contract and should refrain from revising, canceling or terminating the contract without mutual consent.
2. The contract can be revised, cancelled or terminated with mutual consent. Before both parties have reached an agreement, the contract should be strictly observed.
3. Party A has the right to cancel the contract with a written notice to Party B under the following conditions:
（1） Party B does not fulfill the contract or does not fulfill the contract obligations according to the terms stipulated and has failed to amend after party A has pointed it out.
（2） According to a doctor’s diagnosis, Party B cannot resume normal work after a continued 30-day’s sick leave.
4.Party B has the right to cancel the contract with a written notice to Party A under the following conditions:
（1） Party A has not provided Party B with necessary working and living conditions as stipulated in the contract.
（2） Party A has not paid Party B as stipulated.
Ⅷ. Breach Penalty:
When either of the two parties fails to fulfill the contract, it must pay a breach penalty of 500 to 2000 U.S. dollars (or the equal value in RMB). If Party B wishes to cancel the contract owing to events beyond control, he/she should produce valid documents from the department concerned to obtain Party A’s consent and should pay his/her own return expenses; if Party A cancels the contact without valid reason, it should pay Party B’s return expenses and the breach penalty.
Ⅸ. This contract takes effect on the date signed by both parties and will automatically expire when the contract ends. If either of the two parties asks for a new contract, it should forward its request to the other party 90 days prior to the expiration of the contract, and sign the new contract with mutual consent.
The two parties shall consult with each other and mediate any disputes, which may arise about the contract. If all attempts to agree fail, the two parties can appeal to the organization of arbitration for foreign expert affairs in the State Bureau of Foreign Expert and ask for a final arbitration.
The contract is signed at Xinxiang, China on (month)/ (day)/ (year), in the Chinese and English languages, both texts being equally authentic.
本合同于 年 月 日签订于中国新乡，每份用中文和英文写成，两种文本具有同等法律效应。