This University, a comprehensive under-graduate course university approved by Chinese Ministry of Education, is directly governed by the Education Commission of Anhui Province. It is situated in the prosperous and traffic convenient central city of Lu’an in the west of Anhui.—which is very famous for its rich culture and long history.
The campus, which is composed of the base, eastern area and northern area, has an area of 1502 mu. The University reconstructed by merging Lu’an Teachers’ College, Lu’an teacher-training school, West Anhui Polytechnics in 2000. The base campus, which is surrounded by water in all sides, has got a-200- mu peach garden. During the spring season, the campus is full of peach blossom. It is a real picturesque view.
The university has eight faculties: they are: literature, Law, Economics, Management, Science, Engineering, Education and Agriculture with 14 departments and centers, 28 undergraduate-course majors and over 30 urgently demanded technological specialties, seven research institutes under the faculties and departments.
Centers and institutes
- Computer Science and Technology
- Chemistry and Biology Science
- City construction and Environmental Science
- Mathematics and Physics
- Mechanics and electronics
- Physical education
- Chinese language and literature
- Education Politics and Law
- Art and music
- Economics and management
- Modern educational technology center
- Basic experiment center
- Internet center
- University journal room
- Atom and molecule physics research center
- Computer technology research center
- Team work research center
- Western Anhui cultural research center
- Basic education courses and teaching research center
- Public policy research center
- On-line Foreign language teaching and learning research center
The university has got a staff of 970, including 540 teaching staff, over 200 professors and associate professors. Currently the University boast eleven hundred thousand two hundred and twenty-four full time students, added to 2400 adult students.
The university takes a priority in altering the education ideology and concept, initializing in the disciplinary construction, attaching great importance to the establishment of new interdisciplinary, focusing on teaching, insisting on the talents foster mode – “pay attention to strong basic and versatile knowledge, applying different method of studying and teaching with the help of modern teaching and study facilities and classify training according to the students’ level”. The university endeavor to foster advanced applied personnel with solid and reliable fundamental knowledge, versatile ability, high quality, strong ability and creativity, who can actively meet the demand of the economical construction and social development.
This University is a young university. With the pace of accelerating the development, it attaches great importance to the external exchange and cooperation. Currently, it has established cooperation relation with over 100 famous colleges and universities within China such as Tsinghua University, Beijing University, and Chinese Science and Technology University. At the same time, it has established cooperation with Britain, France, Singapore and Hongkong.
In the university, a good spirit is embodied by credit moral, cultivate competence, broad knowledge and foster creativity. Constantly improve its teaching quality. Our next step is to have an enrollment of 20000 students in 2010, to have master degree program, to build the university into a comprehensive university, the one with all-rounded disciplinary, prominent advantage, its own characteristics, and the one which has certain influence among the universities of the same type.
Since the establishment its formal part---Lu’an Teachers’ College, the university has trained close to 50000 personnel, they mainly distribute in the west of Anhui.
The university will further deepen the reform, accelerate its development and constantly improve its operating skills, and it will make an even greater contribution to the local economical construction and overall social development.
Contract of Employment
Employer (Party A)
Name of the Employer:
Agent ad litem:
Employed Foreign Experts or Professionals (Party B)
Date of Birth:
I. Both parties, in line with the principles of legality, fairness, equality, mutual agreement, honesty, and trustworthiness, on voluntary basis, and in a spirit of friendly cooperation, agree to sign this contract and pledge to fulfill all the obligations stipulated hereinafter.
II. The term of this contract shall be from 1st September, 2009 to 30th June, 2010 , with the first month set as probation period.
III. Tasks assigned to Party B (see the appendix).
IV. Party B’s monthly salary shall be RMB 4500 yuan,of which 70% can be converted into foreign currency on a monthly basis. Please see the appendix for terms and conditions on other remunerations and benefits concerned. (The salary for the summer holidays will be paid according to Party B’s arriving.)
V. Party A’s Obligations:
1. Party A shall inform Party B of relevant laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China as well as any institutions and administrative stipulations concerned with Party B’s employment herein provided.
2. Party A shall conduct regular supervision, inspection and review of Party B’s working performance.
1. Party B shall observe the laws, decrees and relevant regulations enacted by the Chinese government and shall not interfere in China's internal affairs.
2. Party B shall observe Party A's work system and regulations concerning administration of foreign experts and shall accept Party A's agreement, direction, supervision and evaluation in regard to his/her work. Without Party A's consent, Party B shall not render service elsewhere or hold concurrently any post unrelated to the work agreed on with Party A.
3. Party B shall complete the tasks agreed on schedule and guarantee the quality of work.
4. Party B shall respect China's religious policy, and shall not conduct religious activities incompatible with the status of a teacher.
5. Party B shall respect the Chinese people's moral standards and customs and pay attention to the words and social conducts.
VII. Revision, Cancellation and Termination of the Contract:
Both parties shall abide by the contract and shall refrain from revising, canceling, or terminating the contract without mutual consent.
1. Revision of the contract. This contract can be revised with mutual consent. Before both parties have reached an agreement, the contract shall be strictly observed.
2. Cancellation of the contract. This contract can be cancelled with mutual consent. Before both parties have reached an agreement, the contract shall be strictly observed.
(1) Under the following conditions, Party A shall have the right to inform Party B in writing of the cancellation of this contract:
a. Party B fails to fulfill this contract or the obligations and agrees conditions as herein stipulated, and fails to amend his\her actions after Party A has pointed out;
b. On the basis of the physician’s diagnosis, Party B fails to resume normal work after a sick leave for a period of successive 30 days.
(2) Party B has the right to inform Party A in writing of the cancellation of this contract under the following conditions:
a. Party A fails to provide Party B with necessary working and living conditions as stipulated in this contract;
b. Party A fails to pay Party B as scheduled.
(3) In case either party asks to terminate this contract, it shall give a 30 day notice to the other party in writing, and the contract shall only be terminated after 30 days.
(4) This contract can be terminated upon mutual agreement by both parties.
3. Termination of the contract.
(1) This contract shall be terminated once it expires.
(2) This contract may be terminated with the mutual consent of both parties, and it shall be strictly observed until both parties reach an agreement otherwise.
VIII. Breach Penalty
When either of the two parties fails to fulfill the contract or fails to fulfill the contract obligations according to the terms stipulated, that is, breaks the contract, the said party must pay a breach penalty of US＄800 to 3000 or equivalent to 3 to 10 times Party B’s monthly salary in RMB. If both parties consider it necessary to determinate an exact sum of the breach penalty, or to determinate a breach penalty higher or lower than the above-mentioned amount, it shall be explicated in the appendix of this contract.
When Party B claims to cancel this contract due to force majeure, it shall produce certifying documents issued by competent authorities; after the contract is cancelled with Party A’s consent, Party B shall bear the traveling expense thus incurred; and when Party B fails to provide any valid season to cancel the contract, it shall bear the traveling expenses thus incurred and pay the breach penalty to Party A as stipulated in this contract.
When Party A claims to cancel this contract duo to force majeure, and the contract is thus cancelled with Party B consent, it shall bear Party B’s traveling expenses thus incurred; and when Party A fails to provide any valid reason to cancel this contract, if shall bear the traveling expenses thus incurred to Party B and pay the breach penalty to Party B as stipulated in this contract.
IX. The appendix of this contract is an inseparable part of the contract and shall have the same legal effect with the text of this contract.
X. This contract takes effect on the date signed by both parties and shall automatically expire when the contract ends. If either of the two parties asks for a new contract, it should forward its request to another party 30 days prior to the expiration of the contract, and sign the new contract with mutual consent. Party B shall bear all expenses incurred when staying on after the contract expires.
XI. Settlement to Dispute
Any dispute in connection with this contract shall be first of all settled between both parties concerned through friendly consultation. In case no settlement can be reached through consultations or intermediation, both parties shall submit the said dispute for arbitration with local personnel authorities or the local labor arbitration with local arbitration system. In case either party refuses to accept the arbitration award, it may bring an action before the people’s court.
This contract is signed by both parties at __________________(location) on this _____________ (date). This contract is in duplicate, each in both Chinese and English versions, and both shall take effect upon being signed at the same time.
Party A: Party B:
Signature Date: Signature Date:
ATTACHED PAGES & APPENDIX
Party B: I hereby accept the Terms and conditions of employment as set out hereunder.
Party A: West Anhui university
Full-time teacher of English as a Second Language (TESL) at
Commencement Date: September 1st of 2009
Termination Date: June 30th of 2010
Party B’s Duties:
1. Prepare lessons well prior to teaching
2. Conduct English lessons
3. Assess students’ work
4. Take an active part in students’ extra-curriculum activities of Party A.
Party B shall:
1. Party B shall work according to the time - table of Party A from Monday to Friday each week (except for holidays). Sometimes Party B may need to work on special occasions, say the anniversary of the founding of Party A or any special promotional work and Party B is to be given day(s) off later or to be paid.
2. Party B shall teach generally 16 face-to-face teaching periods (45 minutes for each period) every week. And usually there might be 2-4 periods of English corner activities outside the classroom to be delivered to the students.
1.Party A shall provide a flat with one bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom , beds, cabinet, table, chair, cable TV, internet facility, computer, air-conditioner, refrigerator, telephone, bathroom , and a washing machine and kitchen. And Party A shall pay electricity, water and gas.
2. Party A shall pay for the return air-ticket with satisfactory completion of 10 months full-time service from party B. The return air tickets should be under RMB 8000yuan which shall be paid a little before the end of second semester. The air ticket is needed.
3. Part B shall be paid 2200 Yuan travel bonus by Party A when the contract is finished.
4. Party A shall process and pay for the work visa for Party B, and cover all the costs incurring in applying for or changing the required and necessary visa and residence permit.
5. Party A will provide pick up in the airport and Party B shall cover Party A’s journey expense.
6. Party B shall have three continuous days in May , seven continuous days in Oct ,three days for the New Year, and twenty days for the Spring Festival as holidays, and summer holidays are about 50days . If some important activities of Party A happen to be on holidays, Party B shall attend as well and Party A shall make up the holiday(s) or pay for Party B. Party B is not allowed to ask for leave of tour except in holidays.
Sick leave and other leave:
If Party B has been sick and obtained the permission from the hospital that he/she could ask for sick leave, Party B shall receive RMB 30 Yuan for the sick leave allowance each day and no other salary during the period of his/her sick leave. If Party B has been sick for a continuous 30 days, party A shall terminate the contract according to the regulation of the contract issued by China State Bureau of Foreign Experts.
If Party B has to ask for personal leave during work time, he/she shall obtain the permission from the university, otherwise the university has the right to terminate the contract. Party A and Party B shall abide by the contract.
Health and Medical Care:
Party B must conduct a medical examination at his/her own expense to certify that he/she does not suffer from hepatitis or any other infectious disease before he/she leaves for China. Party B shall pay the fee of the medical care outside the school.
Computer and Telephone:
Party A shall provide Party B with the facility of computer and telephone, but Party B should pay for the Internet-fee (if applicable) and he/her shall pay the phone call.
Party B shall deposit 500 RMB for telephone fee before he/she leaves Party A (the contract expires), as the phone bill always comes at the end of the following month.
Both Party B and Party A own one copy of the contract
Party B shall not disclose his/her salary and the information of the contract to a third Party without the consent of Party A.
This attached contract is an integral part of the contract issued by China State Bureau of Foreign Experts.
Party A: Party B:
Signature Date: Signature Date:
If you are interested, you could also send your resume,copies of degrees, passport and general photos to E-mail: HR@anesl.com